Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cool Wednesday Finds! Business and Fiber Art Tutorials and Info

Happy Wednesday! It's a gloomy, stormy day here in the Midwest so I thought I'd try to brighten things up a bit with some interesting and fun tutorials and finds from my internet meanderings.

I used to do art shows when I lived in Chicagoland and dealing with business cards was always a problem. You had to have them - because someone would ask for one - but most people just passed them up. Now that I have an Etsy shop and an Artfire shop, I still need business cards but how to make them more fun and interesting?? Well Aisle 3, from the blog Upcycle Your Life on Aisle 3 has a fabulous tried and tested idea for just this problem! Check out her post Do Shoppers Beg You for Business Cards?.

This would also be cute for inspirational sayings or for school kids to trade (with their names inside)!

For those of you who are into felting, here a cool tutorial from Tonya Utkina on dyeing felt with Kool-Aid!


For a little something different, check out this blog post by Newspaper Blackout artist Austin Kleon.

It's a really interesting read for any creative person.

©Polkadot Possum (Cindy Harwood)

2 comments:

Aisle 3 said...

Oh! You already posted it! Thanks for passing it along, that's really sweet <3

Cindy H said...

No problem - LOVE the idea!!! Thanks for stopping by!
cindy