Friday, January 11, 2008

Starting the New Year Fresh

I'm not really sure how that's possible with all the unfinished projects I have lying around but I'm going to give it a whirl!

The Christmas trip to Texas went very well. The kids were wired the entire time - especially my son. They went non-stop, were up HOURS earlier than normal, up HOURS later than normal on several occasions, and were generally bouncing off the walls for 2+ weeks. Now that we are home we are all slowly getting back into the groove of life. The kids are catching up on (apparently) much needed sleep. They are sleeping in until 9:30-10:30am on non-school days. (I hope that extends into this weekend!)

Several Christmas present projects were finished but I, of course, don't have photos of the finished objects yet. I made the Large Rectangle with Center Diamond Pattern from Victorian Lace Today for my SIL (in-progress photo) using Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud lace weight yarn in the Autumn colorway.
bimscarf_blog.jpg
I also made my MIL a variation of "Scarf with edging 21 and insertion 25 from The Knitted Lace Pattern Book, Thompson Bros., Kilmarnock, Scotland 1850" from Victorian Lace Today. I modified the borders to be smaller. It is worked in Sophie's Toes Sock Yarn in the Cranberry colorway. Yummmm!
joanscarf_blog.jpg
I finished my first pair of socks for 2008! (Okay, I just had the foot of sock #2 to finish, geesh!)
hedgerow_socks
They are Jane's Hedgerow socks by Jane Cochran from Knitter's Review. They are done in Needful Yarns Australian Merino in a grass green color (#1014) on US 2 dpns. Love the socks! Love the yarn! It's a bit thicker yarn so I needed part of a third ball to finish them up. Love the color! The green is flecked with other shades so it has more depth and character than a solid.
hedgerow_socks_detail
I have also cast on for the 2008 Victorian Lace Today knit-a-long. I am doing the Myrtle Leaf Shawl. I have cast on using Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in the Iris colorway but I am not sure if I want to use this yarn or not. I think I will work a second pattern repeat and then cast on with my other yarn possibility (Knit Picks Shadow in Grape Jelly) and see which effect I like best.
myrtle_leaf_start

No comments: