Monday, March 28, 2011

Cool New Bags!

Well, it's Spring Break for my kids this week. Whether I can survive the bickering and the complaints about not being able to find anyone to play with remains to be seen. My kids really love school and they just don't know what to do with themselves when there is no school. So, hopefully we'll be able to survive without seriously hurting each other!

I just finished designing and making some new bags in the studio. I really like these. The exteriors of the bags are mostly over-dyed 100% cotton upholstery fabric. They are lined with hand-dyed cotton fabric and lightly padded with Quilter's Dream polyester batting. The interior of each bag sports a small pocket. The bags are about 8 inches wide and 6.5 inches tall. They have a black zipper closure. Each bag is embellished with a hand-painted and free-motion stitched canvas panel that has been tea dyed. On each panel is an inspirational word stamped onto twill tape.

These are very different from anything I have done in the past but I am really liking the freshness of them!

Spring

spring_1

spring_2
Close up of Spring.

spring_3
Back of Spring.

spring_4
Interior of Spring.
Check out this zippered pouch in my Etsy shop .

Flower

flower_3

flower_2
Close up of Flower.

flower_4
Back of Flower.

flower_1
Interior of Flower.
You can see the Flower zippered pouch in my Etsy shop .

Grow

grow_2

grow_3
Close up of Grow.

grow_5
Back of Grow.
Check out the Grow zippered pouch in my ArtFire shop .

Fresh

fresh_1

fresh_2
Close up of Fresh.

fresh_3
Back of Fresh.

fresh_5
Interior of Fresh.
The Fresh zippered pouch is for sale in my ArtFire shop .

©Polkadot Possum (Cindy Harwood)

No comments: