Saturday, March 12, 2011

Finally - New Work is Here!!

Well, life has been relatively crazy lately with work and all so I haven't had the time to post any of my new work. I'm really excited about a new scrappy, Remains-of-the-Day- type of journal that I just posted in my Etsy shop.

denim_journal

It's sort of a shabby chic design. The cover is made from recycled denim from old jeans, cotton batik, cotton twill, laces and trims.

denim_journal_6

denim_journal_7

The cover has a hook and eye closure and a handmade denim and lace flower decorates the flap on the cover.

denim_journal_3

There is a denim pocket on the inside of the front cover which would be great for keeping pens, pictures, ephemera or notes.


denim_journal_14

denim_journal_13

The signatures are hand-sewn.

denim_journal_4

The pages are made of a combination of Strathmore 80 lb. drawing paper and a few sheets of lightweight Rives paper.

denim_journal_9

For added character the pages are of differing widths and heights.

denim_journal_10

denim_journal_11

I decorated the pages with stitched-on laces, trims and watercolor and drawing papers which have been splatter painted with acrylic paints.

No comments: